Sports massage is used by both athletes and non-sporting individuals due to its many benefits. It is used to help keep muscles toned and supple and can help with mobility of joints. Post-event massage can be used to reduce muscle soreness, enhance blood flow to muscles to assist in recovery and help maintain range of motion in joints. The benefits of sports massage include:
- Improved circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Reduce pain
- Improve range of motion
- Reduced injury recovery time
- Reduced muscle soreness
- Relaxation and stress relief
Where can you get your massage?
As you can see there are extensive benefits to having a sports massage at our clinic in Wymondham (about 8 miles south of Norwich in Norfolk).